Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Impressions of YouTube

My first impression of YouTube was good because those videos that Sarah recommended us to watch were really interesting and particular. So, I explored a little bit this tool in order to see what other kinds of videos can be seen on this site. I noticed that here you can opt for videos of different categories (i.e. music, news, etc.), which makes it easier to find what you are looking for. What is especially useful about YouTube is that you can choose, for example, which news to watch. Whereas, when you watch TV you can't decide what to watch but what others impose you to. So, on YouTube you are free to check out the news you are interested in not having to listen to the entire news on TV.

Another advantage of YouTube is that it can be helpful for learning English as a second language, especially for improving your listening comprehension. In fact, On TeacherTube I discovered some useful videos concerning English vocabulary and listening practice, too.

The only disadvantage of this tool is that there are also lots of videos that are shocking and can have a negative influence on us, especially on children. This is because everyone is free to add on this site any kind of video he likes. That is why, some are really immoral and without sense.

5 comments:

Elisa Snaidero said...

Hi Katya!
You are right, Sarah suggested us really interesting videos. You know I like those situations in which through irony and humor you are free to say something more. Although I already knew youTube, I had never visited TeacherTube before. Like you did, I also found very interesting videos concerning many subjects. It can be really helpful if we make goos use of it.

CU
ElisaS.

Imma said...

Hi Katya..
Finally we met in class monday!
How do you do?
Well...As regards you tube ,I also think that it's easy to use and that you can find everything, concerning different topics. Moreover, I enjoyed Sarah's videos, as you did; they were funny and interesting to :)
I also think it will be helpfull using these videos to improve our english skills..

see you next time
Imma

elenas said...

Hi Katia!!

How are you?
I think we haven't met yet in class!
What you think is right about youtube espacially tha fact that many videos are immoral and senseless. That' why parent should pay attention about their children' e-tivities. But if one is an adult has, (or better should have) the wisdom to chose the appropriate material he or she is looking for!

You tube is also good for learning English, we can also learn English having a lot of fun!

see you
elenas

Selena said...

Hi Katja,

I agree with everything you said about YouTube. I’d just like to point out something about the last thing you talked about. In my post I wrote that a great thing on YouTube is that you can post your own video; nevertheless, I realized straight away that this opportunity could be at the same time YouTube’s negative aspect as well. If YoutTube can be dangerous it is just because anyone can post anything on it, as you said. I think it is really a pity that this distinguishing feature can cause such bad consequences like those we’ve heard about so far.

That’s all for now,
Bye :)

Selena

cappuc cino said...

Hi Katja!
How are you?
I think that Youtube can be seen like Tv on demand: you choose and watch what you want, with the advantage that you don't have to pay for it!
I forgot to visit TeacherTube! Can you recommend us some videos you liked?
I agree with you when you say that Youtube can have a negative influence on children; I added this disadvantage in my post as well.
Thank you for your comment on my video! I'm pleased you liked it!

see you
Lisa